October 21, 2008

Praying, Communicating With God

Whenever you pray, do not be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, so that they may be seen by Trult I tell you, they have received their reward.

But whenever you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who sees in secret will reward you. ~Matthew 6:5-6
I believe praying is essential in our relationship with God. Just like communication is important in a happy marriage. Praying is like talking to our Father in heaven. You do not need to have flowery words or bombastic words. Pray in your own language and in your own words. God sees through your heart and not at how well said your prayer is.

If you have not been praying to God often, and do not know how to start. You can start with this prayer which Jesus has taught his disciples:

Our Father in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name,
Your kingdom come,
Your will be done,
on earth as in heaven,
Give us today our daily bread,
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors,
And do not bring us to the time of trial,
but rescue us from the evil one. ~Matthew 6:9-12
I am currrently on a booklet called: Miracle Hour by Linda Schubert. In this booklet we are taught of a method of prayer that will change your life. I've found this booklet to be useful as it guides you into a deeper communication with God. There are twelve sections of 5 mins, and I've only gone up to the third section. For me, it is not easy to spend an hour daily in prayer but I am determine to do so.

2 comments:

yoon see said...

Thanks Jean for sharing, I will go to Glad sound and check out this good book:)

Jean Chia aka Ms.Yummy~licious said...

->yoon see: thanks, yoon see! i hope you found this book. If not, please please let me know. I'll be glad to post it to you. really! :)